Do you get frustrated when you waste time by changing the font each time you open a new Word document to something that you prefer using?
You may like to use Arial in size 10 in your documents, but if you are using Word 2010, they have changed the default font to Calibri, size 11 point. And Times New Roman was the set font in several prior versions.
Here’s what you can do to make your font preference the default – every time you open a new Word document…
- On the Home tab, in the Font block of choices, click the downward arrow in the lower right corner.
- The Font window will open. Note: In Word 2003 this choice can be found under Format and then Font.
- Make the changes to the font type, size, color, etc.. that you want to apply as the default.
- IMPORTANT – The difference in just changing the font for this one document and changing it for all new ones is to click the Set As Default button.
- In the next window, select All choices based on the Normal template and then OK.